09 10

31 August 2008

Tender Mercies

This weekend has been incredibly busy! In addition to the bridal shower that was keeping me so busy I had a talk to give in church today: 10-15 minutes on Family Home Evening, including some practical ideas of what to do during FHE. It was my week to play the (broken) organ. And I have a Sunday School class that I needed to prepare for. There was plenty going on.

I woke up a little bit before my alarm on Saturday. Don't ask me how that happened, I don't know. But I did, and when Monkey stirred and had to be comforted back to sleep just as I was dropping back off to sleep myself I decided to just get up and work on my talk. So by the time that I left to go to Mom's & set things up for the shower the talk was about 3/4 of the way done. I was confident that the shower was going to go well. I'd decided to play the piano (the Bishop is fine with that from time to time), but I still hadn't done the first thing with my lesson. I planned to finish up the talk Saturday night and do the lesson this morning as we are on our last week of afternoon church.

After the party was over we got everything picked back up and headed over to Perkins for dinner because nobody had enough ambition to fix dinner. Just as we arrived Andy called me and said that a friend had offered to teach my class. I was so relieved I almost cried. I called them up and said something along the lines of "YES!! Thank you! I'd love it if you taught my class! Thank you! We're on lesson 32. Thank you!"

It meant that I went home and went to bed when I finally got there about midnight. It meant that I slept until I woke up this morning. (Monkey made sure it wasn't too late.) It meant that the parts that I did do were well prepared and I wasn't so distracted that I couldn't focus on the job at hand.

I'm sure that the Savior knew that I was at my limits, and I feel so blessed that my friend was paying enough attention to know that I needed some help. It never occurred to me to ask for help with that, but He knew that I needed it and sent me some.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin