09 10

15 September 2007

Baby Steps to Orginization

Yep. It's definitely going to take a LOT of those little Baby Steps. But I feel the need to do it. Time Management, that's a big one, and it's Time to Overcome.

So, I bought a planner. And a book on organization called Organizing Plain & Simple. And I'm going though it with my notebook in hand so I can answer the questions she raises & really think about what I'm reading. I also did a search for time management in the LDS.org library. There's some good stuff in there! Like This Day, from Brother Eyring at the April conference. Brother Monson addressed the same thing right after 9-11:

And so I ask, “What are we doing with today?” If we live only for tomorrow, we’ll have a lot of empty yesterdays today. Have we been guilty of declaring, “I’ve been thinking about making some course corrections in my life. I plan to take the first step—tomorrow”? With such thinking, tomorrow is forever. Such tomorrows rarely come unless we do something about them today. As the familiar hymn teaches:

There are chances for work all around just now,
Opportunities right in our way.
Do not let them pass by, saying, “Sometime I’ll try,”
But go and do something today.


Brothe Scott says some very similar thing in talking about First Things First. I especially like this talk from Brother Maxwell on doing things in Wisdom and Order, and plan to come visit that one with my notebook in hand. (Did I mention that I love LDS.org's search feature? It makes it so easy to find the words of the Prophets, on whatever topic!)

I am Resolved. I am a little bit nervous. That's the perfectionist in me speaking. But the Lord can do anything - even make me efficient!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin