09 10

25 September 2007

Working On It

Today, while my boy is sleeping, I'm working on finding a place to query for my picture book. I am using the gift that my wonderful husband bought me: The Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market. I tell you what, this process puts my stomach all in knots. And then, I had a query all written out & nearly ready to send & I realized I'd already gotten a rejection from that publisher - but it was a very nice rejection with a hand-written note that wishes me luck with another house. So, if I have to be rejected, that's a nice way to do it. And, after all, Dr. Seuss had a whole boatload of rejections before he was first published. So I just need to collect me a boatload of rejections! =D Wish me luck - I'm back to picking out another place to send my query, and I'd really like to put something in an envelope before the Monkey wakes back up!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin