09 10

15 September 2007

Sunday Scripture: You're Invited

I'd wanted to post this sooner - almost got it up last night, so that I could invite folks to post their Sunday Scripture & put a link in the comments. But I didn't quite finish it before bed last night. I'll have to do better next week. However, you are still invited to participate - leave either a scripture or a link to where you posted your scripture in the comments section, and plan on coming next week & we can lift each other! Here's my verses for this week:

For behold, thus saith the Lord, I will liken thee, O house of Israel, like unto a tame olive-tree, which a man took and nourished in his vineyard...

And it came to pass that after many days it began to put forth somewhat a little, young and tender branches; but behold, the main top thereof began to perish. And it came to pass that the master of the vineyard saw it, and he said unto his servant: It greiveth me that I should loose this tree.

... It grieveth me that I should loose this tree...

... for it grieveth me that I should loose this tree and the fruit thereof...

... and now it grieveth me that I should loose this tree...

And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard wept, and said unto the servant: What could I have done more for my vineyard?

... and it grieveth me that I should loose them.

But what could I have done more in my vineyard? Have I slackened mine hand, that I have not nourished it? Nay, I have nourished it, and I have pruned it, and I have dunged it; and I have stretched for mine hand almost all the day long, and the end draweth nigh. And it grieveth me that I should hew down all the trees of my vineyard...

And the Lord said: Yea, I will spare it a little longer, for it grieveth me that I should loose the trees of my vineyard...

... For it grieveth me that I should loose the trees of my vineyard...
-Jacob 5:3,7,32,41,47,51,66 (emphasis added)


It's so abundantly clear in this passage how much the Lord loves us. WE, His children, are the trees that it grieves him so much to loose. Everything that the Lord of the Vineyard does, is in some way, to help us grow.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

I love this one:

2 Ne 32:3 Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin