09 10

26 September 2007

Phases of the Moon

I've been trying to get a good shot of the moon for a while, and as I was watching it get closer and closer to the full moon over the past two weeks & being amazed at how quickly the moon was moving through its phases, I thought it would be fun to take a buncha shots of the moon, and record how it moves through the phases over the next month. So, tonight being not only a beautiful moon, but the full moon, I thought that it would be a good time to start my "Phases of the Moon" project. It was also fun to take the Monkey out and show him the moon. Of course, the cars going by on the street were more interesting, but I think he did at least glance at the moon. Maybe I can get my telescope to work and get some really cool shots of the moon by setting up my camera and the telescope in tandem... of course, that would require figuring out how to use the telescope. Apparently it's more complicated than "the big end points at the sky."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin