09 10

27 September 2007

BSPP: Lesson 11

Next week is Take a Child Outside Week so we'll be working that into our preschool lesson. It works well, because after browsing around the Charlotte Mason Carnival, I was inspired to work on getting the Monkey outside for at least a little while every day. It's good for me too: outside is good for just about everyone! (We're planning to do a Classical Education, but Miss Mason sure has a lot of good ideas that work well with a Classical philosophy.)

The Take a Child Outside website has a bunch of good ideas for activities, but they are all too old for the Monkey, so we'll just focus on getting out there and enjoying the great outdoors. If he was a couple years older, the shadow activity would be fun, as well as the rainy day walk. Maybe we'll do those in a couple of years. In the mean time, I'm going to continue my Phases of the Moon project, which will likely result in more outside time for the Monkey.

Now. Planning the rest of our activities for this lesson:

Fiction:
Week 1: Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett
Week 2: Eloise Wilkin's Monther Goose

Nonfiction:
Week 1: My First Church History Stories retold by Deanna Draper Buck
Week 2: The Holes in Your Nose by Genichiro Yagyu (Note: when I finally managed to get to the end of this thrift shop find without the Monkey stealing it r closing it on me, I discovered some anatomically correct pictures of a little boy & a little girl... I'm gonna get my Sharpie out and take care of getting them some clothes & keep the book anyway: I haven't laughed so hard in ages as I did over treating a book about boogers 'n things like serious nonfiction.)

Read Aloud:


Bible:
Week 1: Jacob and Esau (Genesis 25-27)
Week 2: Jacob's Ladder/Abrahamic Covenant (Genesis 28)

Book of Mormon:
2 Nephi 26-28

Classical Music:


Game:
Kick the Ball

Art:
color with black crayon on last week's finger painting


Baby Steps Preschool

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin